Starting at age three, I've asked Finn 20 questions around the time of his birthday. This year I even did it during his birthday week! I chose NOT to direct or influence his initial answers, and he really took time to think about his answers, even if he didn't always answer like I thought he would. Here are his responses:
20 questions: answered by Finnegan on 1/9/2015
1. What is your favorite color? Red, and all the colors of the rainbow
2. What is your favorite toy? cars and legos
3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries
4. What is your favorite TV show/movie? Little Einsteins/Planes 2 Fire and Rescue
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? macaroni and cheese with hotdogs
6. What is your favorite outfit/thing to wear? shorts and tank top
7. What is your favorite game? Planes Sky Race Action Game
8. What is your favorite snack? Pirate Booty
9. What is your favorite animal? Giraffe, because he is tall
10. What is your favorite song? This is your birthday song, it won't be very long, hey!
11. What is your favorite book? Thomas Lost at Sea
12. Who is your best friend? Landon, Ben and Nolan
13. What is your favorite cereal? Frosted Mini Wheats
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Jumping in snow piles
15. What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Kiki
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Captain Crunch (even though he's never had it!)
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Chicken wings with buffalo sauce
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Race Car Driver
21. What is your favorite sport to play? Tee Ball
22. What is your best/least favorite part of school? Coming home/writing.
For posterity's sake, here are my comments/thoughts on some of his answers.
1. Red is always his favorite color, usually followed by green. Apparently he was feeling colorful during the interview. 6. If I had to answer, I would say tights are his favorite thing to wear. 10. Jesus Loves Me is ACTUALLY his favorite song. They had just sang the birthday song to him at school, so I think it was top of mind. 11. He really struggled with a favorite book. I wonder if it is because he reads so much now at school?!?! 12. For the first time, this answer was not a family member! 14. I don't think he actually likes jumping in the snow. I would say playing baseball or riding his bike. 18. I have no idea where he came up with that!
UPDATE: 18. He had Captain Crunch at Memere's house over winter break. Mystery solved!
Birthday boy heading to school for the first time as a six year old!
If you are curious as to what his responses were last year, click here to link to that post!
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.