Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, January 6

My baby isn't a baby

He isn't even a toddler or a preschooler any more! I think he is officially a "big kid."

Finn turned 6 this morning at 5:25am. Six seems easier for me to handle than five did. Maybe because he's in school and seems so grown up already. Or maybe because he's been talking about turning six since last summer. I don't know. I'd gotten him a special birthday shirt that he wore for his party and wore to school today.

It says, "Look who's 6" and then has "Finnegan" on the bottom. He loves it and I thought it would be cute for him to have it at school, too. Jim brought cookie and cream cupcakes and Dusty Crophopper rings up to school for afternoon snack.

Then when Finn got home from school, we headed to Chuck E Cheese. Since this is his Golden Birthday, we told Finn he could pick ANYTHING to do on his birthday and that is what he picked. Dillon (and Sam) and Max (and Heather) came to help Finn celebrate and play games, which was perfect. Even though initially I thought we would just go and play, I decided to order a birthday package because it really is a good deal (and then they have a dedicated birthday coordinator that takes care of everything...totally worth it!!).

I made a lame cake for this party (in my defense, I was worn out from traveling and getting ready for his other party). I made a number 6 and decorated it in a tie dye motif with the leftover frosting from his other cake! Lazy, I know. But it was kind of neat and it tasted really good.

I don't think it is a surprise that I don't like Chuck E Cheese and it is NOT what I wanted to do...but it honestly wasn't that bad! There was almost nobody there when we got there and it got busier but NOTHING like it is on the weekend. I even played a few games. Overall, it was a really great night. Thank you Dillon and Max for helping Finn celebrate ON his Golden Birthday!!

Happy birthday, buddy boy. We love you so much. You challenge us and constantly are teaching us how to be better parents and sometimes I think one of us isn't going to make it. But then you flash that amazing smile of yours and do something so incredibly kind and I know that you're going to be all right. Continue to be you and don't let anybody change you. I wonder what your sixth year will bring...Daddy and I love you to Pluto and back and to all the dwarf planets and back.

I have more pictures but they are on my camera, so check out the picture website in a few days for those! Too tired tonight. Good night, all.

No comments: