Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, January 14

Another January?

So, with number three, I just wanted a healthy full term baby that was NOT born in January. I got both and was happy. Well, until the January school newsletter came and Jim pointed something out to me...Mac's half birthday is January 17! And in school, they celebrate summer birthdays on their half birthday. Seriously? All I can do it laugh. Because I literally couldn't have had a baby further away on the calendar from the two I already had...now the half birthday is in the same month (if it were one day later, July/January 18, it would be exactly halfway between the Bigs' birthdays!).

If anybody doubts how full January is for us, take a look:

Jan 3: Sharon (Stacy's friend)
Jan 6: Finn (the one, the only)
Jan 8: Ann (Jim's cousin)
Jan 9: Stacy (me)
Jan 10: Kristine (Stacy's sister)
Jan 12: David (Stacy's cousin)
Jan 14: Grace (niece, and happy birthday today!)
Jan 18: Max (neighbor)
Jan 20: Uncle Les (Jim's uncle)
Jan 24: Uncle Craig (Renae's husband)
Jan 25: Camille (our goddaughter)
Jan 28: Gram's (Jim's late grandma)
Jan 30: Korri (in all her glory)

Count 'em...THIRTEEN birthdays (not counting Mac's half birthday). That is a birthday every 2.5 days. And that is just people in our inner circle. If we go out to extended relatives and old friends, it is WAY more (but we don't personally celebrate their birthdays, so no need to include here). 

Anyway, I just thought I'd share because I think it is yet another example of me thinking I control something and then God saying, "Nope." At this point, I think all future births should be in January and we can just celebrate every single day! Why not?!?! (Kelsie, that is NOT an invitation to have Baby Tucker early!!)

And because I like posts with pics, here is a picture from the other night when we were having movie night (I feel like I should have been sucking on something!):

No comments: