Starting at age three, I've asked Finn the same 20 questions around the time of his birthday. This year it is on his one month anniversary of being five...close enough! I chose NOT to direct or influence his initial answers, and let me tell you, it was MUCH easier this year then in previous years. Here are his responses:
20 questions: answered by Finnegan on 2/6/14
1. What is your favorite color? Yellow
2. What is your favorite toy? Trains and cars
3. What is your favorite fruit? Pineapple
4. What is your favorite TV show(s)? Jake and the Neverland Pirates
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Pancakes
6. What is your favorite outfit/thing to wear? Pajammas
7. What is your favorite game? Hide-and-go-seek
8. What is your favorite snack? Pirate Booty
9. What is your favorite animal? Crocodile, because it is on Jake and the Neverland Pirates
10. What is your favorite song? ABCs
11. What is your favorite book? The Chicken Book
12. Who is your best friend? Korri
13. What is your favorite cereal? Frosted Flakes or Mini Wheats
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Soccer or football
15. What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Kiki
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cereal
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pasta with red and white sauce
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Ice Skater
21. What is your favorite sport to play? Basketball
I felt like he really "got" most of the questions this year. There were a few that we came back to so he could think about them for a little bit. Because I don't direct his answers, here is my commentary on some of his answers. 1. His favorite color is usually red or green...I guess not today! 2. Trains are NOT his favorite toy. Maybe cars, but I would say Dusty Crophopper is his favorite. 5. We RARELY have pancakes, much less for lunch, but whatever. 8. Pirate Booty is aged white cheddar puffs. 11. I don't know this book but he said they read it at daycare. Anybody? 12. He answered this without hesitation, be still my beating heart. I think the REAL answer is Carson from daycare, but that's okay. 14. I think riding his bike is actually correct but it is hard to think about playing outside in the middle of this horrible frigid winter. 20. Not sure what to make of this one! LOL!
Here are some pictures of Finn on his birthday. We were in San Diego and went to the San Diego Zoo...talk about a great birthday. Then he picked pasta for dinner, so we went to Olive Garden. He was in heaven!
If you are curious as to what his responses were last year, click here to link to that post!
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.