Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, January 5

Six is it

After getting home Friday night, we had one day to get ready for Finn's party, which was on Sunday at Noon! Thankfully, we had put Christmas away before we left, Beth cleaned while we were gone and Memere picked up the entire basement before they went back to Oville! We were in good shape, but had a LOT to do.

Finn picked a Dusty Crophopper theme, even though his mother pleaded with him to do a super hero party. Nope. I guess six is the year you don't get to pick for them any more (or influence their preference like I did last year!!). Of course, I only cared because I had a great idea for a cake. Oh, well, there's always Mac. I had him look at Dusty cakes with me online and he picked one that I was not excited about doing...Dusty landing on an aircraft carrier. But it isn't about me and what I want, so I agreed. I think it turned out fine, it just wasn't very hard. He loved it, which is what matters (chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream):


Even though we had a lower turn out then usual, Finn had a great time. Finn requested chicken wings (Jim was able to influence THAT decision!), cottage cheese and cheesy pretzels. We also had fruit, squash, cheese bread and cheese dip. Everybody said it was really good and I don't think anybody went home hungry. Thank you to everybody who came to help him celebrate.

No comments: