Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, February 4

Twenty Questions - Korri 5

Starting at age three, I've asked Korri 20 questions around the time of her birthday. I chose NOT to direct or influence her initial answers (although I did follow up on a few after the fact but used her initial answer) and she was very thoughtful with her responses this year. Here are her responses:

20 questions: answered by Korrigan on 2/03/2016

1. What is your favorite color? Purple
2. What is your favorite toy? Barbies
3. What is your favorite fruit? Blackberries
4. What is your favorite TV show/movie? the new one I watched at Stacey's house with two sisters-Paw Patrol-My Little Pony/Sleeping Beauty
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Pizza Lunchables
6. What is your favorite outfit/thing to wear? Dress
7. What is your favorite game? I don't have a favorite game, I like to play Super Mario Brothers with Daddy
8. What is your favorite snack? Candy
9. What is your favorite animal? Horses!!
10. What is your favorite song? This Little Light of Mine
11. What is your favorite book? Maryellen book
12. Who is your best friend? Little Aubrey
13. What is your favorite cereal? Strawberry Mini Wheats
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play at the park
15. What is your favorite drink? Kids slushy that daddy made on my birthday
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Maryellen and Scooter
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Strawberry Special K Crisp bars
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Cheese and fruit
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Veterinarian and a mommy
Bonus Question:
21. What is your favorite sport/activity to play? Gymnastics

Like I said, she took her time and really seemed to process her options before answering, unlike last year when she seemed to just look around and say whatever she could find! I guess you grow up a lot during your fourth year. Here are my thoughts on some of her answers.

1. It is usually pink and purple, so I'm surprised she said purple. And when I asked about pink, she stuck with purple.

3. I think her favorite fruit is actually grapes but I asked her after and she didn't change her mind.

4. She had a hard time with this one because I'm not sure she understood what a "tv show" was. The one she mentioned from Stacey's was actually a movie (I checked with Stacey). Then she said Paw Patrol, which she does like. But I asked her if she was sure and what about My Little Pony or Sofia. She said they weren't shows. So, at the end of it, I'm not really sure what, but she watches My Little Ponies a lot. Also for the movie, she said Maleficent first and then I asked if she was sure and she said, no, Sleeping Beauty. Mommy, the difference is that in Maleficent has she wings and is a real person.

7. Jim recently started playing video games on the computer with the kids, as evidenced by her (and Finn's!) response!

12. Little Aubrey is Aubrey from her preschool class last year. She was very clear it was NOT Big Aubrey who is in her class this year (Little Aubrey switched to morning preschool). I thought she might say Neve because she plays with her a lot now that Aubrey isn't in her class, but nope.

15. Jim made Five Alive slushies for Korri's birthday (get it...five?!?!).

18. She had to go over to the box to see what they were called!

19. I don't know where she came up with this...but it sounds good to me.

Click here to view her response from last year.

I feel like Korri has been ready to be five ever since the last person left her FOURTH birthday party. Seriously. She seems so grown up to me, which makes me a little sad. She knows what she wants and is usually very vocal about it. But even yesterday, Finn came in from playing outside in the snow before Korri wanted to. She cried at first, but then she stopped and instead of coming in, she stayed outside and played by herself. This is HUGE for her. She always wants to be playing with somebody but apparently her wish to be outside was stronger. Good job, Baby Grill. We love you so much and can't wait to see what this year brings.

Proudly holding her wand from NeNe (or Neners, as Korri calls her!):

No comments: