Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, February 16

Egg Coffee

Okay for those of you who weren't gathered with us over the last week, egg coffee was often the topic of conversation with lots of unknowns, tons of opinions and plenty of half truths. The reason it was a topic of conversation was because Ron's grandma Della taught him how to make it and he continued the tradition of making it at church. Basically, I'm not a coffee drinker, so I didn't really care much either way.

Until I tasted some at his visitation on Thursday night. I first tried Jim's but it was laden with cream and sugar, so while it tasted good, I figured it was more the additives than the actual coffee. I then forced John to let me taste his since it was black. And holy moly, it was SO good! It was smooth yet still was very "coffee-y" tasting with NO bitterness. How can it be?!?!

Since I was told you can only make it with a special percolator, I went to good ol' Google to find out if I could buy one (I mean, it is THAT good!). Low and behold...you can make it easily in a saucepan on your stove!!! So for all of you who are curious and for those of you I bored at length talking about coffee this week, here is a simple instruction guide on how to make it:

Egg Coffee Instructions

If you make it, let me know how it turns out. I'm hoping I get brave enough to try...if nothing else, simply to do it in Ron's honor. And the rumor is that John is going to make it at the UCC Church in Ortonville on the first Sunday of every month...if you want to try it without making it yourself! Thanks for all the lively debate, Ron!

And because I can't have a post without a picture, here are some family pics after Ron's funeral on Friday:


No comments: