Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, February 27

18 months!

I had low expectations for Mac's 18 month pictures. First, 18 months is hard. They are temperamental, easily frustrated and Mac is momma's boy AND stranger danger is back (but not as bad as when he was younger, thankfully!). Second, Jess, our trusted, long-time, amazing photographer, took an indefinite leave from photography! Which means I had to find somebody else. Somebody new. Somebody I hadn't used before! Third, less having to do with expectations and more my frustration, Mac was over 19 months when we did his 18 month pictures, so I was just frustrated in general and didn't have a great attitude. Fourth, I asked for local referrals on a local Facebook group page and was completely overwhelmed with options and suggestions.

After a LOT of procrastination, obviously, I decided I had to just pick somebody. I looked through several websites and their pricing guides and picked somebody in the southern Metro (NOT local, which was a little frustrating but decent prices). Unfortunately, she had to cancel our scheduled session last minute and I did NOT want to wait any longer (I mean, eventually, it would just have been his two year pics!).

Thankfully, I mentioned it at gymnastics one night to another mom and she raved about the photographer she uses in Dassel. Perfect. WAY closer than the other photographer. I found her website and liked what I saw. I scheduled online (how easy is that?!?!) for the next available session, which was this past Tues morning.

Again, I didn't know what to expect but was hopeful. I mean, look at Mac...even if he's crabby, I knew we'd get at least a few good ones! And low and behold...he warmed up quickly and was a total ham; Renee, the photographer, was totally professional and flexible and knew exactly what to do to get the pics we wanted; and I was beyond pleased with the results. I think you'll agree...
Mac 18 months

During the session, we both noticed it had started to snow, so we ran outside and got a few really cute pics. So many things were not planned but are so perfect (like him playing peek-a-boo!). I could not be more pleased. I LOVED that when she was done, we sat right down and looked through them! I've always had to hold my breath until the pictures were ready a week or so later. It was hard to narrow it down (I mean, look at him!!!), but with her help, I did. I think there is a good mix of traditional poses and playful moments.

I guess I found my new photographer! Not bad for only trying one new person. A HUGE thank you to Kristi for recommending her. If you are looking for a child or family photographer in the far west Metro, I highly recommend taking a look at Renee's website and setting up a session! We'll be back later this summer for Mac's two year pics for sure!!!

As always, feel free to look through the photos and if you want to order, go right ahead through the website (there's a "prints" link at the top). Easy peasy. Happy viewing and ordering :)


No comments: