Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, February 29

Girls Night

As you probably remember, we have a system we use for when the kids do chores or help around the house. Depending on the task, they get one (or more) "marks." When they reach 100 marks, they get to pick a reward. It takes a LONG time to get 100 marks. Anyway, when Korri earned her 100 marks, she picked to have a girls night with me at a hotel. (please note that she earned them on Oct 28! Poor girl!). Anyway, we FINALLY were able to go on our girls night this weekend! And what a weekend it was.


We started Saturday out by going to Austin's basketball game in St. Cloud. I LOVED watching him play (and catching up with Becky, of course!). Since it was so nice out, Korri and I went across the street with Uncle Pete and Ben to play for a while. It felt like late April! Jim and the boys went to his last game and they won second place! Congratulations, Austin :)


When we were at the game, Korri kept saying she was tired, but I honestly thought it was because she was bored! However, after stopping for some lunch at McDonald's on the way home (because it was a special day, she even got a Happy Meal which had a My Little Pony in it!), she completely fell asleep before we got home. Argh. So I drove around for 30 minutes so she'd actually get a decent nap. The things parents do for their kids! LOL


Once she woke up, we packed and headed to the new hotel in Delano, which is where she wanted to go. The hotel was really nice, but small, which we didn't care about. We were on the "top" floor (THIRD!) and she thought that was pretty cool and loved our view (of Hwy 12!). The first thing we did, of course, was go swimming. I even went IN the pool and swam with her (it could have standed to be about 5 degrees warmer!). She was upset that we didn't bring her floaties, so after swimming for a while, we decided to go for a walk to see if CVS had any floaties, which they didn't. Oh, well. It was so nice to be outside with just sweatshirts on! We also stopped at the liquor store (the hotel is perfectly located!) which she approved of because they she got a sucker!


For dinner she picked Unhinged Pizza (very similar to Pizza Ranch, if you've ever been to one). And I planned a surprise guest to meet us there...NeNe! She was so happy. And if you ask her what her favorite part was, she would tell you skipping on the way back to our hotel! Seriously, if that doesn't tell you that it's the little things that matter, I don't know what does. Oh, we also did ballet leaps over the cracks. I guess I need to take time to stop and skip a bit more. Before we left dinner, she told NeNe that we had to get back to the hotel because she was tired and ready for bed (at like 7pm!). Um, okay.


We got back to our room, got our PJ's on and found Monster's University on TV. We watched the whole thing and she didn't fall asleep. It was 9 by the time it was over (so much for going to sleep early!) and I figured she'd be asleep any minute. I picked Pitch Perfect to watch because while it is a little "mature" for her, I knew she'd like the music...but again, thought she'd be asleep within minutes. Um, not exactly. She kept saying she was tired but couldn't fall asleep. Finally just after 10, she rolled over on her side and crashed! Geez, by then, I was ready to crash, too!


She kept waking up during the night and around 4 she said, "Mommy? I'm lonely!" Ha, you can come sleep in my bed with me. And in true Korri fashion, she slept in the exact middle of the bed, which doesn't leave much room for mommy, Oh, well.


At exactly 7:04 (how do they do that when they can't tell time?!?!), she asked if it was morning. I guess so. We had breakfast, went swimming, watched some cartoons and checked out. Then we went to get our nails done. I don't know if she was tired or what, but she was whiny the whole time. So much for a relaxing pedicure. She got her nails and toes polished, so in the end, she was happy. I'm not so sure I'll bring her along next time, though. Then we had lunch at DQ and headed home!


Honestly, it was such a blast. I told DeAnn at dinner that I feel like I'm such a better parent when I'm one-on-one. I have so much more patience and attention to give. Well, and they behave so much better, too! Jim had taken the boys to Oville for an over night, so they weren't home yet when we got home. Grandma stopped by for a quick visit and then Korri and I went to Target to exchange some duplicate birthday gifts. She was pretty crabby there, too, but again, since it was just her, I could handle it.


And to prove how tired she really was, she fell asleep after dinner while I was reading "Little House on the Prairie" and didn't wake up when daddy carried her to bed! That is saying something! A successful weekend to be sure! I'm so thankful that she WANTED to spend the time with me and hope she wants to for years to come.


No comments: