Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, January 10

Twenty Questions - Finn 8

Starting at age three, I've asked Finn 20 questions around the time of his birthday. I chose NOT to direct or influence his initial answers. Here are his responses:

20 questions: answered by Finnegan on 1/10/2017

1. What is your favorite color? Red
2. What is your favorite toy? Monster trucks
3. What is your favorite fruit? berries
4. What is your favorite TV show/movie? Transformers/Lego Movie
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Mashed potatoes, gravy and chicken
6. What is your favorite outfit/thing to wear? My green “Lucky Dude” shirt and comfy pants
7. What is your favorite game? Monopoly Jr.
8. What is your favorite snack? GoGo Squeeze
9. What is your favorite animal? Painted turtle, because I like their shells
10. What is your favorite song? Kidz Bop Kids “Summer”
11. What is your favorite book? Versus books
12. Who is your best friend? I have seven! Ben E
13. What is your favorite cereal? I don’t have one
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride my bike
15. What is your favorite drink? 7-Up
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, because you celebrate with your family and friends
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My Kiki
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Mini-Cini’s
19. If you could pick anything, what you would eat for dinner on your birthday? Chicken wings
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I don’t know yet...Race car driver

Bonus Questions:
21. What is your favorite sport to play? Basketball
22. What is your best/least favorite part of school? Best: 1. Music 2. Art 3. Recess Least: Math

After five years of doing this exercise, somehow he still manages to surprise me. This year, I was surprised by his lack of enthusiasm. He just kept saying "pass" or "I don't have one." I was able to get him to answer all the questions, but some took awhile or took "suggestions" by me (which I don't like to do!).

Here are my thoughts/comments on his answers.

1. He continues to hold steady with Red without hesitation.

2. He just bought a set of Monster Trucks with some of his Christmas money, so I think they are top of mind. If I had to answer for him, I'd say Pokemon cards or HotWheels.

3. Same for this answer; always the same without hesitation.

4. He really struggled with picking a favorite movie. Eventually he picked The Lego Movie upon my suggestion. He doesn't watch a ton of movies, so maybe that is the problem.

5. Ha! Doesn't seem like a "lunch" menu but it is one of his favorites at school lunch!

6. He didn't have an immediate answer for this and then picked the one he was wearing. Ha! But he knows I really like his "Lucky Dude" shirt and he ALWAYS wears comfy pants, so I guess it is fitting.

7. Again, not sure if it truly is his favorite but he knows it is my favorite to play with him and asked, "you, too, mommy?" when he answered.

8. This is what he had today for snack, so take it with a grain of salt, I guess, but he DOES like apple pouches!

11. He really struggled with this answer because he has so many favorites! I guess that is a good problem to have. I helped him figure out which ones were his top ones and then he picked the "Versus" series. Basically they take two animals and compare facts about each of them and then play out a scenario where they fight and ask, "Polar Bear vs. Grizzly Bear - Who will Win?" They are very informative!

12. Again, a good problem to have. He had a hard time picking just one but when I pushed him, he picked Ben E, the boy whom he picked to go to Chuck E Cheese with us on his birthday. But the other "best" friends were two Jacksons, Jacob, Camdon, Landon and Nolan! But I'm sure there are others! LOL

13. He really doesn't eat cereal any more, so I told him it was fine to answer that way.

18. Mini-Cini's are a breakfast at school that are mini cinnamon rolls, I think.

20. He really didn't have an answer for this right away; almost like he felt too much pressure! Ha, I'll hold him to whatever he picks, so pick well! Then I told him to think of what sounded like the funnest thing to do and he picked Race car driver. I will NOT hold him to that!

22. I had to clarify after asking the question that he could include recess. We normally say he can't say that when people ask him his favorite subject at school. Also, sad that Math is his least favorite. I think he does well, though, so I guess there's that.

Here is the last picture of my seven year old before he turned 8:


Man, I love that face and the kid that goes along with it. Eight is going to be a great year, I can just feel it! The best part? In our county, he can now "legally" stay home for a short period of time!! So if I have to pick Korri up from gymnastics or something, he doesn't have to come with. This is HUGE for us since it ended in a fight and fit every time. Does that mean we need to get him a phone? Argh! Maybe time to get a land line. We haven't had one since we lived in Hopkins, like over 15 years ago!!

If you are curious as to what his responses were last year, click here to link to that post!

No comments: