Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, January 19

Stitch Fix

Have you heard of Stitch Fix? It is a company that basically is your personal shopper. You fill out your Stitch Fix Syle Profile that addresses size, fit, cut, style, price and details about you (like I'm a stay-at-home mom so I don't need business casual clothes!). Then you set up how often you want your fix to arrive (usually once a month). You get five things in each package.

I've had an account for over a year but couldn't justify the expense (I never justify the expense when it comes to things for me!). But now that I've lost some weight, I thought "a new year, a new me, a new look!" Plus, it has been a LONG journey to look like I do now and I deserve some new, cute things.

I scheduled my first one to arrive when Jim would be home because you have three days to try everything on and return or exchange what you don't want. BUT it came a day early and Jim is in Michigan. The best-laid plans!!

It was a lot smaller than I was expecting:

But I couldn't wait to open it. I received a pair of skinny jeans, two blouses, a cardigan and a necklace.




I loved the jeans but the waist was too big. I loved the color of the green shirt but not the fit (plus, where would I wear it?). I loved the blue tank top blouse but it was too big. I was on the fence about the cardigan...useful but a little frumpy. I didn't even try the necklace on. I have a few necklaces that I wear maybe three times a year. I don't need more!

So...after sending Jim the above pics, I decided to exchange the jeans and the blue shirt for smaller sizes and return the necklace, green shirt and cardigan (Jim agreed that he didn't love it either...that's what I need him for!). I'm bummed I can't keep anything and wear it right away but am looking forward to getting the smaller sizes! I just hope the jeans fit because the legs were a little snug...but they ARE skinny jeans. I just need to get used to clothes actually fitting me, I think!

So it "costs" $20 for each order BUT as long as you keep one thing, the $20 goes toward your purchase. And there is free shipping both ways! It is kind of a win/win. And you have one personal stylist that handpicks your selections every month! I put a note on mine about recently losing weight and this is what she wrote to me:

And they give you a style guide so you know what to wear with your pieces, which I find very helpful:

When you’re done trying things on, you just pop the items you don’t want into the prepaid envelope they included in the shipment and drop it off at any USPS mailbox or pickup location. Then you go online to say what you are keeping or not and explain why so they get a better sense of your style! Easy peasy. I am very happy with my first Stitch Fix and can't wait for my next one! I almost scheduled it sooner, but then figured the anticipation is half the fun!

If you want to try it, here is my referral link: stitchfix.com/referral/5801918

No comments: