Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, January 17

A Frozen Race Track?

What do Frozen and a Race Track have in common? Finn and Korri's birthday cakes, of course! However a Frozen themed race track cake would have been very interesting! I am definitely going to try to convince them to have a joint cake next year (however, Finn told a friend today that he's having a BB8 cake for his ninth birthday...so there's that! Maybe Korri will go for it if its a pink BB8?).

Anyway, Finn knew right away what he wanted for this birthday cake (I think he firmly decided early this fall!). He wanted a figure "8" race track, which is fitting since it is his eighth birthday! Since I'd done a very similar cake for his third birthday, I knew I would be able to do it fairly easily (until I opened my big mouth and suggested adding a bridge!).

Korri, however, changed her mind almost every day since her last birthday party! And considering she HATED the cake I did for her last year (I did an illusion cake with Skittles falling instead of a rainbow, duh!), I knew I had to get her to commit to one design/idea. So I came across a tutorial for a Frozen cake and while it looked ambitious, I thought I could do it (before I realized we'd be having a joint party and therefore making two at the same time!!). Honestly, it didn't take that much work to convince her.

So fast forward to this past week. I altered my normal cake-making time line to adjust for having to make two. I knew I'd have to stick to it or be in a world of hurt come Saturday morning! And it really went well! I, of course, ran into a few bumps along the way, but that is normal whenever making a cake. So without further ado, here are the final products!


Here are the birthday kiddos with their cakes:


Finn LOVED everything about his cake. Korri, in true Korri fashion, had some critical comments but in the end, also loved her cake. Here's hoping for ONE cake next year, but probably not a Frozen race track, me thinks :)

No comments: