Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, January 24

Its All Him

As of yesterday, Mac is full-on potty training. Well, with Pull-Ups anyway (I'm not brave enough to go right to underwear!). And it is all his doing. I mean, it wasn't even on my radar two weeks ago. I have nothing vested in the outcome so if he is trained or goes back to diapers or wears Pull-Ups for months, I don't care. It wasn't on my radar because Finn was almost 3 1/2 before he was fully potty trained and I figured Mac would be closer to that (he just "turned" 2 1/2 last week!).


But a few things happened. First, I was running out of size 5 diapers and I was debating whether or not he should move up to a size 6 or not (and having a hard time with it because F and K never made it to that big of a size!). Second, he started showing interest in wearing underwear. Third, he started TELLING ME when he had to go potty! Well, if that doesn't scream "I'm ready!" I don't know what does.

So I talked with Jim about it and we agreed that we'd go down the Pull-Up route to see what happens. Yesterday, Monday, was Day 1 of Pull-Ups. It did not go well. We weren't at home, which didn't help, and he pooped FOUR TIMES! I mean, seriously, that is a lot. So we switched back to diapers for the rest of the day. No big deal (like I said, I'm not vested or hung up on the outcome...yet!). But today, he's done GREAT! I try to remember to ask him or just remind him that he has a Pull-Up on, but he peeped in the toilet at class/school today and pooped two times in his potty after we got home (he's regular, if nothing else!!).

While I would LOVE to be done (FOREVER!) with diapers, they do have their advantages...like not having to stop everything you're doing every 20 minutes to sit in the bathroom for 10 minutes! And if there is an accident, it is contained and therefore usually easy to clean up. I can't wait to be done with diapers, but I'm not looking forward to the transition. Argh! Finn may have taken his sweet time potty training, but it was literally like he flipped a switch and was just trained one day (and Korri being a girl, was trained without me even knowing it...daycare helped with that!). I'm thinking that won't be the case with Mac, but he's willing and able and momma is on board...at least for now!

Now if only Mac could figure out the anatomy of it all and pee into the potty instead of all over! Maybe standing up?

We'll see!!

No comments: