20 questions: answered by Finnegan on 1/16/2016
1. What is your favorite color? Red
2. What is your favorite toy? LEGOS
3. What is your favorite fruit? anything that has "berry" in the name...especially strawberries!
4. What is your favorite TV show/movie? LEGOS/Bolt
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Sandwich (not grilled cheese)
6. What is your favorite outfit/thing to wear? Lobster shirt
7. What is your favorite game? Paperboy
8. What is your favorite snack? cookies?
9. What is your favorite animal? bunny because they are soft and cute
10. What is your favorite song? BeyBlade theme song
11. What is your favorite book? LEGOS
12. Who is your best friend? Nolan
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cocoa Pebbles
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride bikes in the summer
15. What is your favorite drink? Pop - Sprite
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Teddy bear
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? GoGo Squeeze
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Salad
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Police Officer
21. What is your favorite sport to play? Basketball
22. What is your best/least favorite part of school? Recess/math
Overall, the one word that summarizes his answers for me is "commercialism." I guess we did fairly well to get him to first grade before it all became name brands and consumables. This year it was very easy going through this with him. He really thought about his answers and came back to a couple so he could think more about his answer. Here are my thoughts on some of his answers:
1. It has ALWAYS been Red. Sometimes his second favorite (Green) creeps up there, but nothing overtakes Red for long.
2. You'll see a LEGOS theme in his answers (maybe because he was playing LEGOS this morning?!?!).
6. He got this shirt from Grandma for his birthday and happened to be wearing it today (see pic below). But he DOES like it! I would argue that comfy pants and ANY t-shirt is his favorite outfit.
7. This is an arcade Atari game that he plays on the computer with Jim. I don't know it but the player is the paperboy who delivers newspapers along a suburban street on his bicycle.
8. He could NOT think of an answer and finally just said, "cookies?" Like he wasn't sure. He doesn't eat snack at home very often, so it was probably hard to think of his options.
12. While Nolan is ONE of his best friends (he has FOUR...lucky boy), I would argue that Gabe is actually his best friend.
17. He didn't answer Kiki because "nobody would know what that is." He doesn't HAVE to have Kiki any more and he doesn't really take much to bed with him, except what is already IN his bed.
Showing Memere this morning the LEGO sets he's put together since going shopping with him last weekend: