Counters

                                                           Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, February 11

Twenty Questions - Korri 8

Twenty Questions - Korri 8

Starting at age three, I've asked Korri 20 questions around the time of her birthday. I chose NOT to direct or influence her initial answers (or try really hard not to). Here are her responses:

20 questions: answered by Korrigan on 1/30/2019

1. What is your favorite color? teal

2. What is your favorite toy? Barbie Dream House

3. What is your favorite fruit? watermelon

4. What is your favorite TV show or YouTube channel/movie? TV/YouTube: Soty Family Movie: Sixteen Wishes

5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Spam with honey BBQ sauce

6. What is your favorite outfit/thing to wear? Comfy clothes or Under Armour (with my suggestion)

7. What is your favorite game? Old Maid

8. What is your favorite snack? gum

9. What is your favorite animal? horses

10. What is your favorite song? We couldn’t think of the title of her favorite (I "think" it is Somebody's Watching Me by Kidz Bop) but then she said Fight Song by Kidz Bop

11. What is your favorite book? Red, Red, Red by Valeri Gorbachev

12. Who is your best friend? Hunter Olson (said Lilly Steen first, but then remembered Hunter)

13. What is your favorite cereal? Fruity Pebbles

14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Gymnastics on the grass

15. What is your favorite drink? Pop, rootbeer

16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, to celebrate Jesus

17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? blanket

18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Toaster strudels

19. If you could pick anything, what you would eat for dinner on your birthday? Unhinged Pizza

20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A nice mom, and a horse riding competitor

Bonus Questions:

21. What is your favorite sport to play? Karate and gymnastics

22. What is your best/least favorite part of school? Best: art Least: math


She was fairly decisive this year. Here are some of my thoughts and comments about her responses:

3. ALL fruit, but she picked watermelon (randomly, I think!)

4. My kids don't watch TV shows, so I added "YouTube" this year and that helped a LOT. Sad.

5. Don't judge her (or me!). I love spam too!

9. Duh!

12. She said Lilly first because I think it is hard to think of a boy as being your best friend. So Lilly is her best GIRL friend and Hunter is her best BOY friend, I would say.

20. Clearly, she had to add "nice"...hmmm. Dig at me?!?! LOL

22. No truer words have been spoken on both accounts. But she is actually really good at math, so that makes me sad.

Here is the moment my Baby Grill turned 8:


She was at home at 10:39am on a Wednesday because school was cancelled due to the beyond cold temperatures! I thought she would be bummed, but she was happy to spend her birthday at home (with me?!?! Dare I hope?!?!)! What a great attitude. Side note: school was cancelled for my birthday in 4th grade and I was devastated (enough that I STILL remember it, obviously!). I guess she has better perspective in second grade than I did in fourth!

I am lucky to call this girl my daughter. She will take care of me when I'm old...provided we both survive each other that long! She challenges me a lot but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it is good to look at things in a different way. Even more than she is challenging, she is loving. Man, this girl has compassion and empathy and determination. She has so much kindness inside her that sometimes I don't think she knows what to do with it. She is fierce in all things she does.

But no matter what, she's mine and I'm hers. Always. God gave me a daughter just like me so things wouldn't be easy. But they are always worth it.

If you are curious as to what her responses were last year, click here to link to that post!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers