While they may have survived the first day of daycare, we may not survive this week! Korri was sent home with the note that she had "gunky" eyes on Monday. We put saline drops in them and they seemed better Tuesday AM, so she went to daycare, only for Jim to get a call to come get her within a few hours due to a fever of 102. He picked her up (luckily she still fits in her infant carrier since her seat was in my car) and took her to urgent care since she couldn't go back to daycare without a note from the doctor saying she was fine. Of course, they said it was just a virus but by bed time, she had a pretty good rash all over much of her body.
When she woke up, it covered all of her back, most of her legs and feet and was spreading to her arms, hands and face with what they call "weeping lesions." SO, Jim decided to take her to our clinic instead of urgent care. Yup, still just a virus, but seriously, people her skin is almost disturbing it is so bad. I was going to take her to Target to pick up her topical prescriptions and dressed her in long sleeves, pants and socks so nobody would be scared by looking at her! It is really that bad. Here is a view of her back and cuddling with daddy before their appt today:
She slept most of the morning and all afternoon after her dr appt, so hopefully all the sleep is helping her get better. I sure didn't mind the hour and a half nap she took in my arms! It was like she was a baby again.
Finn also has a cold, probably the same virus Korri has, but is much less affected with just a runny nose and occasional cough. I know it is good to make their immune systems better, but this is ridiculous. I almost wish to just keep her in the hospital until it is better because the doctor said it could get worse before it gets better! What? How? Her skin falls off? This just makes me realize how serious her skin issues really are. I was just hoping it was a matter of a little eczema with the propensity for occasional hives. Guess we couldn't be that "lucky."
Why am I working again? It took every ounce of will power I had to not just get up and quit today. I just want to be with my babies when they are sick. That being said, Jim really is Super Dad and did a great job dealing with everything the last couple days. I would have lost my mind without him! Korri now has been home sick from daycare more than she has been there and its hasn't been a full week yet :(
Again, a HUGE thank you to my mom for changing her work schedule to come watch Korri Thursday (she was already great enough to offer to come watch the kids Friday since daycare is closed for conferences). Jim had a business trip planned that he couldn't get out of. I feel like a broken record, but I am so thankful for her willingness to help at a moment's notice. Here's to hoping the next couples days see noticeable improvements!
Pages
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.






1 comment:
I'm so sorry! You poor thing and your poor babies. Hang in there and do what you feel is best.
Post a Comment