Counters

                                                           Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, May 22

Rhubarb!!!

Sunday, mom, the kids and I went to church. I need to remember to bring TWO snack containers because both kids were fabulously well-behaved until the snacks came out and then they kept screaming (yes, SCREAMING) at each other to see who could hold it! Sheesh. Oh, and while Cheerios seemed like a good choice before church, I didn’t factor in the spill factor OR their ability to fly all over when grabbed by little hands. I think we’ll stick with pretzels or animal crackers going forward. After church, mom and I (with Finn’s “help” of course) planted 5 or 6 rhubarb plants that mom had dug up and brought with her. I know it will take a year or two before they yield anything, but I can’t wait. Then we tackled the pen…I mean fence! We blocked off the back corner of the yard so the kids can play out there without constant supervision (I mean, I need to use the facilities or start dinner once in a while!). We’ll see how well it keeps the Little Monster (i.e. Korri) contained!

In addition to the rhubarb plants she brought, mom also brought a ton of really good rhubarb, so she made a rhubarb crunch (I have pictures but they are still on my camera!) while Jim and I were away on Saturday and I made strawberry rhubarb jam yesterday. Both were super-extra yummy!! Now I’d better make some bread tonight to put the jam on!

Then Sunday afternoon, after Jim helped his uncle move some stuff (hey, we got a china hutch out of the deal!) we went over to our friends, the Arks, for Becky’s (the mom) quasi-surprise birthday party! Now that I’m working, I’m sad we don’t get to see them very often. The food was great, the company was enjoyable and the kids played so well, I didn’t even have to think about them most of the time (mainly, thanks to Emma for “babysitting” Korri! Hmmm…when she can start babysitting for real?!?!).

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers