Counters

                                                           Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, January 12

Happy belated birthday to me!

Stacy FINALLY got to hold Finn last night. It was wonderful and magical. It felt like that is what I'm supposed to be doing. I was crying so hard, I kept dripping on him. Oops! Depending on how Finn is doing every day, we can probably hold him once a day going forward. Yeah! Daddy is a little nervous to hold him just because Finn is so small. It has been baby steps for all of us! Also, Jim took Finn's temperature for the first time. I took video of it, but didn't take a still picture. Jim was surprised at how strong Finn is, even for Daddy! Mommy got to change another poopy diaper, but poopy diapers are a good sign that Finn's digestive system is working.

They gave him my milk twice yesterday and he tolerated both feedings. Again, this is great news. If his levels remained the same as yesterday, they may take him off the photo-therapy today. That means no more blue light and no more little goggles. It would be very common for him to have to go back on it every so often, but it is still great news. He is such a fighter!

It is my goal today to figure out how to download video from our camera. I haven't played with it since we got it for Christmas, so it is probably time I do that. Plus, we want to share the cute little clips we've been taking of Finn.

Today is the first day that Jim goes back to work (I think we are both dreading it). My sister Renae was supposed to come and spend the day with me (to keep me company and to see Finn of course!), but the weather is too bad in St. Cloud for her to leave. We always have bad luck with the weather! I plan to do my 11:30 pumping here at home and then head up to see baby Finn. Can't wait. Oh, and they gave me a second set of pumping equipment, so I can now pump at the hospital (allows for longer visits).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very touching photo of you holding Finn, Stacy. He has the strength of both of you, of this I have no doubt! What a blessing to be able to hold that precious baby!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I am so happy for you!!! I bet Finn was sooooo happy to finally be in his mommy's arms!! What a blessing!!! You are a beautiful positively glowing mother!! Love ya sis!!!

Anonymous said...

Stacy - You look fabulous with Finn in your arms!!! I'm so very happy for you and can't wait to see a photo now of Jim with Finn! He is always in my thoughts and prayers! Love to all, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Words cannot express how happy we are for you, just as I cannot imagine how wonderful and important this moment was for the three of you--with many more to come. What a wonderful family you are--all so strong and loving. I pray for you always and think of you constantly. I am here if you need anything. All our love.

DeAnn and Les

Anonymous said...

Finn clearly has his Mother's positive attitude and strength. I'm sure he also feels his Father's love and strength.

He just could not wait a minute longer to see you both. You'll have to have a long talk with him about that one day.....

Congratulations with each new day's blessing.

Sasha said...

Oh yay!!! Stacy! That is the sweetest picture I have ever seen! I almost cried myself and I am not one to do such a thing! ;) I am sooo happy you and Finn got to bond a little! He looks very happy in your arms, as he should! I cannot wait for him to grow and be strong for you guys to take him home! Thank god he's doing SO well! I am soo happy for you guys! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! How nice to see. Jim told me about it but there is something special about a picture. Sounds like Finn is doing so well. We will continue to pray for all of you.

Ron

Daisypath Anniversary tickers