...so I opted to write a quick update instead.
Stacy felt some more tightening this morning which got us both up around 4:00 am; she went on the monitor for about an hour. They took it off about half an hour ago. At 7:00 am, transport comes to take us to a level two ultrasound which is a bit more detailed in terms of measuring the size of the baby, fluid levels around the baby and the like.
When that is completed, we may know some more about what is happening and what to expect; but like with everything else my assumption is that regardless of what they find out that the only thing that we should expect is not to know what exactly to expect because every case is so much different. I am hoping though that we can see the baby doing some more practice breathing for a more sustained time period.
I'll follow my instructions now and try to get about an hour of rest before the transport comes - at least Stacy is sleeping now again which is good. I'll post another update once we find out more information from the ultrasound or if anything changes.
Pages
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.



8 comments:
Hi Guys,
I've been checking your updates a couple of times a day and we've been praying for you guys and the baby. I know a lot of kids that were preemies and they are amazing. Modern medicine is unbelievable so I know you're in good hands and everything will be fine. Please take care of yourselves I know how grueling it is to go through all this medical stuff (did it this summer.) Who knew all the medical lingo you could learn in a matter of days! The posts are very helpful, thanks for taking the time!
There are so many people you don't even know praying for you!
Jess & Andy
Hi Jess and Andy, so, the pregnancy pictures that Stacy wanted you to do are probably out! Thanks for writing and praying!
We are praying very hard here for the three of you; keep "baking" that beautiful little boy--he needs to be a big boy to play for the Gophers/Beavers, after all! Please give Stacy a kiss from us and tell her we love her very much. And, Jim, thank you so much for the wonderfully detailed explanation of what is going on there. It makes it a bit easier being so far away to know exactly what is going on.
God bless the three of you,
Andy, Rebecca and Abigail
Rest -- Rest sort of seems out of the question at hospitals. At least good rest!
Let me know how the ultrasound goes today. I am keep everything crossed that things look good.
Love you guys lots! Let me know if there is anything tht you guys need or want. I'd be happy to help in anyway possible.
Hey - Hang in there!!! THanks for all the updates ... it really helps here to know what is going on with two of our favorite people way back there - and baby too!! I'm off to the surgeon this a.m. hopefullyto get a surgery date - but will surely keep you in thoughts and prayers and will check in later in the day. Hugs and love, Papa & Nana
Hi,
Rhonda and I have been in and reading often on the updates. You are certainly on the top of our minds right now! We're praying for the best right along side of you.
Take care,
Eric, Rhonda, Riley & Lizzie
Hey Guys,
Let me know if you need anything at all, I am planning to come down to visit you tomorrow (I will call the hospital first just to make sure as you said Jim). But we are long overdue to get caught up and you have been on my mind all week! Work just had to get in the way for me to come see you. I will check back tonight and see where you are with everything. Hope to see you soon! Hugs~Holly
Hi Holly, that will be fine for you to come visit tomorrow unless anything changes. Call the hospital and ask for Stacy's room if you want to call and check first. Thanks - we're looking forward to the visit!
Post a Comment