Counters

                                                           Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, May 14

Getting ready for the big day

Yesterday involved a lot of cleaning and putting things away. Fun day off for Jim, I'm sure. I always wonder how the house is going to be ready when we have an event, but it always is. It helped that Becky came over to clean...thank you! She brought Austin, so Finn and Austin had a blast. I tried to get the roses done for Korri's baptism cake, but Korri had other ideas. Decorating cakes is a lot harder when you have a high maintenance baby.

Jim and Finn went to Finn's ENT follow up appointment yesterday afternoon. All is well with Finn's ears! Thankfully. The one tube is still in and the doctor cleaned out his ears and took the other one out (it was stuck in the wax!). The dr didn't see the need to redo a hearing test, so we are set for 6 months! I hope ear infections are a thing of the past...since we've been infection free since November! (knock on wood)

Memere and Grandpa came over today to help get ready for baptism. Okay, let's be honest...to play with the kids...which is a huge help. After many unforeseen set backs, the cake is stacked, the filling thickened (finally!), the cake is iced and the roses are drying. I still need to do the finishing touches, which always take longer than you plan for, and I'm not sure I have enough icing to finish. Hmmm....maybe I'll "tweak" the design a bit! Can't wait for tomorrow. There is nothing more refreshing or renewing than a baptism. And after a little snafu, aunt Kelsie is bringing Korri's baptism gown back from Oville (THANK YOU!) otherwise, Korri would have been baptized in a bonnet, tights and shoes ;)

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers