The four of us went to Korri's 2 month well-child appointment this morning. She is a healthy, growing little baby. They measured her height to be 21 3/4" (but the first time they measured her longer, but couldn't remember the exact measurement...I don't like how they measure height for babies because it isn't very accurate). Anyway, that is the 10th percentile (it is SO nice not to have to include her adjusted age!). She weighed 11 lbs 8 oz, which is just under the 50th percentile (I've NEVER had a baby in the 50th anything...well except head, I think!!). Glad to hear about her weight, just because when you breastfeed, you never know how much they are getting. The doctor said she looks amazing.
Warning: This may paragraph be TMI, so skip if you don't want to hear about baby body functions! We brought up a few things that concerned us, like her incessant crying because we were afraid she might be in pain. And the dr confirmed that based on the symptoms we told her, Korri has colic. Boo! I was hoping it was something else so we could fix it. "Luckily" colic usually subsides by 4 months, so "only" two more months of this. Yay?!?! We also mentioned that Korri only has a bowel movement every 2 or 3 days and when she does, it is completely watery. She said breastfed babies can have watery stools and it isn't a concern and also that it is fine for breastfed babies to go a week without having a bm. However she seems to be extra uncomfortable when it goes more than two days, so, the dr suggested giving her a suppository as needed. I don't want to use them regularly, but it is good to know if it has been a few days. Korri has very dry skin, just like Finn did at this age, so I need to be better about putting on a thicker, more effective lotion on her. And she is developing cradle cap, so I need to work on keeping that at bay by rubbing oil on her head and them carefully scraping the flakes/scabs off. Finn only had it for a couple days, maybe, so I didn't have to really treat it with him.
After one oral and three shot vaccines, we got to go home. Korri was a trooper for the shots...she cried while they were giving them, but once they were done and she got her soothie and could cuddle with momma (melt a mommy's heart!), she was all better. What a big girl. Overall, a very good appointment, even if they always seem to be running late (argh!). If we didn't love our ped so much, we'd think about changing just for a more convenient location and scheduling. Next visit: her 4 month well-child, which will be here before I know it, I'm sure!
Since Finn's adjusted second birthday is next week, I asked if they would measure him, too, which they kindly did. He is 32" tall (again, they didn't measure him standing up which they usually do at this age) and weighed 28 3/4 lbs! Well, at least his height is growing a little...he definitely doesn't have problems putting on the weight! Sheesh! He needs to be seen around 30 months just for a quick check, so hopefully I can schedule him and Korri for the same day/time.
Pages
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.



No comments:
Post a Comment