Counters

                                                           Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, May 4

Sweetest smile ever

After lots of failed attempts, I finally caught Finn smiling with my camera.There is just something about a baby's gummy smile that lights up their whole face. It is irresistible. He is smiling much more, but not quite on command yet. I know it is such a small milestone, but it just about melts a mom's heart! He is making a lot more eye contact now and interacting with those around him. He stops and looks and listens to the mobile when we wind it, which is something he wasn't doing before. It won't be long now before he is actually playing.

The home health nurse stopped by today and Finn has reached the 7 pound mark! I just can't believe it. This morning, he weighed 7 lb 2 oz. Based on babies gaining 1 oz a day, that is exactly what he should weigh from the last time he was weighed, so I feel much better about the weight concerns we had last week and the week before. We have his 4 month well-child appointment on Thursday, so I'm sure I'll have more to update then.

Jim left today for a business trip for all week! Poor me (ha, ha). But I convince (it wasn't hard!) my mom to come this week instead of next week, so she can help me out a little bit. It isn't that I couldn't do it myself, but if there is help available, why not take it?!?!

Ron and Lynn decided to come up for the weekend when they heard how much fun we were having with Nana and Papa! They came Saturday and left Sunday. It was nice to have everybody here. Nana did make Monster Bars and John didn't even eat them all. In fact, I think I got to keep more than he did! She also made veggie pizza for Kelsie. I haven't stepped on the scale since they got here and I think I'll wait a few days until after they leave! I never go hungry when we spend time with Nana and Papa, that is for sure!

Finn's biggest fan from Ohio, my friend Paula, is coming to meet him tomorrow and I can't wait! I worked with her when I worked for Gander Mountain. She has meetings there tomorrow and is extending her trip one day to make time for us. So thoughtful. Can't wait to show off my baby and catch up!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers