Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, May 8

Bread of Life

Another new era in the Thomas household: Finnegan celebrated the sacrament of First Communion yesterday! He and I worked through many lessons at home and he went to several at church preparing for this momentous occasion. It was such a blessing spending that time with just him, teaching him about Jesus and learning more myself! He was such a sponge and just wanted to learn more and more. Each lesson featured a Eucharistic miracle, which Finn just ate up. He said that he really wants to experience a miracle himself! Don't we all, Buddy? Don't we all? I'd love to take him to some of the places they have occurred. Maybe a future family trip/pilgrimage?

I still can't believe he is old enough for his First Communion. After mass while we were waiting for pictures, I told him he is a "big kid" in the church now and gets to receive communion every week at mass. He looked at me and said, "Momma, I kind of wish I were still a little kid!" Oh, I get it Buddy. Growing up is hard to do.





I also ordered pictures from the photographer of the group, Finn with Father and Finn actually receiving his first Eucharist (hopefully will get those in a week or so).

Thank you for everybody who helped Finnegan celebrate his big day and for those who couldn't in person, but kept him in your prayers. The support and love were definitely felt. God is good all the time!

1 comment:

Deann Thomas-Kvidera said...

I think he is a walking miracle