Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, March 20

Slow Down

It finally happened. I knew it was coming but secretly hoped it never would.

Yesterday at church, Korri was giving me a run for my money, so I looked over at Finn and asked for a kiss. He quickly looked around and shook his head, "no." Gasp. There were instantly a million pieces of my heart on the floor. Heart broken.

I mean, he's 8. He has friends at church. They could SEE! I get it. I just don't ever want to let him/them go and this was a clear mark in the sand. No more public kisses. I can deal with that, I guess. I eventually was able to negotiate to me giving him a peck on his forehead. And he did give me a smacker on the lips before bed, so it isn't completely over yet. And I THINK he'll still hold my hand in public, especially if he's distracted. Just a few more minutes, Finn. Please, slow down. This momma's just not ready.

These moving lyrics by Nichole Nordman sum it up perfectly:

Slow down
Won't you stay here a minute more
I know you want to walk through the door
But it's all too fast
Let's make it last a little while
I pointed to the sky and now you wanna fly
I am your biggest fan
I hope you know I am
But do you think you can somehow
Slow down



Conversely, I asked Mac for a kiss this morning and he said, "Two kisses...no, lotsa kisses!" So, I'll still get my dose of baby kisses for now :)

No comments: