Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, March 10

Preschool. Preschool? We talkin' bout preschool?

Mac and I went to his PRESCHOOL registration last night! Yes, you read that correctly. How is it even possible that it is time for this already? Even though I shouldn't be, I'm surprised at how emotional I am about it. He's my baby. Wasn't he JUST born? Late night snuggles. Giggles...oh his giggles! I don't feel like I'm ready to let him go and share him with the world.

But I am. Because you know why? We walked into the preschool classroom, and without even a pause, Mac walked right over to the toys and started playing. Not even one moment of hesitation and the room was packed with parents and kids. HE'S ready, even if I'm not. Honestly, I'm a little jealous of Mrs. Pam, his teacher, because he's going to be so much fun to have in class. He's already so smart and very social and just so darn happy! I mean, he's opinionated and stubborn, too, but I think he'll do well in school. Mrs. Pam couldn't believe he was old enough already either and I think she's looking forward to having him, which makes it easier for me. (Mac was a month old when Korri started preschool in Mrs. Pam's class!!)

We got into the Tues/Thurs AM class, which is the one I wanted, so I'm happy about that. Now I have six months and two days to get used to the idea because that's when his first day of school is (but who's counting, right?)! Oh, and he rides the school bus, which he is BEYOND excited about. I think it will help this momma a lot knowing that he'll have two big siblings on the bus with him. I just want to hold him and kiss him and squeeze him and love him and never let him go!!

No comments: