Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, March 12

Happy Early SPD


Yesterday, Korri, Mac and I (the big boys stayed home to watch the Gopher basketball game, of course!) braved the cold and WALKED (yes, walked!) to the St. Patrick's Day parade in our town. We'd gone once before, so at least I knew a little what to expect. Even though we dressed for the cold temps (I think it was about 10 degrees without windchill!), it was still cold. But Mac fell asleep on the way there and slept during the ENTIRE parade and most of the festivities afterward! Crazy. I was actually afraid he was going to fall out of the stroller because due to his bulky coat, I couldn't buckle him in. (spoiler alert: he was just fine!)


Korri was a good sport (she normally HATES walking uptown) and she got a huge loot of candy. It helps that the cold temps kept a lot of people away, I think.

Korri stood and had her hand on her heart the whole time the American flag was passing. That's my girl! (I guess they DO listen some times)
 

And then after the fifteen minute parade, which was perfect considering the temps, we headed to the Village Hall for a Kid's Event. She got her face painted, she got to create some sand sugar art, she decorated a cookie and the best part? She got a pink balloon horse!

Honestly, we were gone for just over an hour and a half (the walk takes about 15 minutes each way!), which was just right. Mac ended up waking up while we were waiting for the balloon animals and he was NOT happy...but he was quietly not happy about it (don't look at me and just let me sit under the umbrella and sulk).

I LOVE St. Patrick's Day and I was so happy to celebrate it (albeit a little early!) with Korri. Also, I heard rumors that an Irish dance school might be coming to the area!! OMG...I would die. I mean, Korri would die. The closest one now that I know of is in Maple Grove, which (at least for now) is just too far for me to drive for dance class. But maybe when she's older!!!

A favorite Irish proverb: If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough!!

Here's to a little luck (and love!) in your day :)

No comments: