Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, March 6

Get Your Glass Ready!

On Saturday, Jim and I hosted our very first wine tasting event! We were SO excited. We love hosting parties and this seemed right up our alley. Plus, it gives us a reason to really clean and organize the house! And everybody we talked to said they needed an excuse to get out of the house. Perfect!

Thank you so much to Lorry and her friend Becky, Leah and Ryan, Paul and Katie and Angie and Jake for coming. It was so interesting that everybody was from different times, places, facets of our lives. And I think it was a really fun group. And thank you to Tanya for being our wine guide. In theory, I'm sure Jim and I could have figured out some good wines and food pairings ourselves, but I wanted somebody else to be in charge so we could enjoy ourselves, which we totally did! I think it is going to have to be an annual event.

At the beginning of the event, we all went around and said our favorite wine. I said that I love the idea of red wine but I just don't like it. However, I realized through all the sampling and food pairings that I DO like some red wines WITH FOOD! I sip white wine, but I'd totally drink red with dinner. Now I just need to fine tune which reds I like! See, you can learn new things :)

I didn't take a single picture of the tasting. Bummer. I'm usually better about that. And then after the wine, the beer and drinks came out! This is Jim, Angie and I doing a shot of tequila on my new ShotSki!! And man, I am NOT used to drinking. I was pretty slow moving on Sunday, but not as bad as I thought I'd be.


Also, I was beyond excited that I fit (and wore!) my size TWO jeans! Okay, to be fair, they are White House Black Market jeans and their sizing runs big, but I'll take it. These are literally my skinny jeans!

No comments: