Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, March 24

Dear Men: Take the Photo


A writer posted this to Facebook to urge men to take more photos of their wives. It is thought provoking and I've said this for YEARS. I don't think men (in general) don't take pictures because they have ill intent or think their wife isn't beautiful in that moment, I just don't think they think about it! And don't get me wrong, I usually don't like getting my picture take (I don't look good, I'm in yoga pants AGAIN, I'm tired, I'm too chubby, etc.). But at the end of the day, my favorite pictures are the random, every day moments that somebody took a quick pic of me WITH MY KIDS!

And it isn't just for men to your wives. Also, just take photos of all your loved ones. At every family gathering, and birthday party and weekend visit. Nothing will make you realize how few pictures you took of somebody than looking at pictures after they're gone. I felt that immensely when my dad passed away. That's all I have now and I'm so thankful for the pictures I do have. That is the only way my children will know their Grandpa Egg.

Sasha took this rando at ECFE of Me and Mac during circle time, something I'd never have a photo of if she hadn't grabbed her phone and clicked:
Sure, I'd love it if Mac were looking or you could see what we're doing or I'd actually done my hair that morning(!), but that DOESN'T MATTER! It is a moment in time that I'll now have forever.

So just take the picture. Text it to that person. They might think they look terrible or it could end up being their favorite memory. You never know.

No comments: