Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, February 1

Twenty Questions - Korri 6

Starting at age three, I've asked Korri 20 questions around the time of her birthday. I chose NOT to direct or influence her initial answers (although I did follow up on a few after the fact but used her initial answer first). Here are her responses:

20 questions: answered by Korrigan on 2/01/2017

1. What is your favorite color? Purple (and pink, if she can pick two)
2. What is your favorite toy? Maryellen
3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries
4. What is your favorite TV show/movie? Princess Sofia/Sing
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Cake
6. What is your favorite outfit/thing to wear? Dress or fancy clothes
7. What is your favorite game? I don’t play games...Candyland
8. What is your favorite snack? Cookies
9. What is your favorite animal? Horses
10. What is your favorite song? Sound of Music, So Long Farewell
11. What is your favorite book? I don’t have a favorite book, Barbie Dance book from the library
12. Who is your best friend? Aubrey
13. What is your favorite cereal? I don’t eat cereal, but frosted mini wheats
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Dance (if nobody is watching me)
15. What is your favorite drink? Orange pop
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? I don’t sleep with anything, maybe kiki
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Mini-cini
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Malt
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A mom

Bonus Question:

21. What is your favorite sport/activity to play? t-ball
22. What is your best/least favorite part of school? Best: morning meeting; least: recess in winter, too cold

She was very decisive this year and when I pushed her on a couple of answers (because I thought she was being silly or something), she stuck to her initial answer (see question #5!). This year I made sure she knew she didn't have to answer the first thing that came to her mind but should skip a question and come back. She did for a few, but didn't need to for most!

My thoughts/feedback on some of her answers:

1. She asked me "just one?" and I said yes, so she said purple. Then I said if she could pick two, what would it be and she said pink. She is consistent.

2. Her American Girl Doll

3. She struggled with this one because she loves ALL fruit.

4. I'm not sure she understood the difference between a show and a movie, because she couldn't think of a show (she hasn't watched Sofia in FOREVER) and we just watched Sing this weekend, so it was top of mind, clearly.

5. I have no idea! I tried to get her to answer something else, but she stuck with it.

14. This made me a little sad and I asked her why it mattered if people were watching and she said that her family could be watching.

18. These are mini cinnamon rolls at school that they serve once a week on Tuesdays.

19. Again, silly answer, but she DID ask Jim to make her a malt on her birthday. I thought she'd say going to Unhinged Pizza or eating daddy's homemade pizzas.

20. Awwww...I asked her if there was anything else and she said no. Motherhood is an important and noble calling and she will make a great one!

21. This is plain not right. She doesn't even want to play t-ball this summer. I asked her about gymnastics or dance and she was being stubborn and wouldn't change her mind.

Here is the last picture before her birthday:


She is so full of spunk and sass but SO caring and kind when she wants to be. She challenges me constantly but makes me be a better parent (or try to be at least!). Physically, she is big for her age (her well child appointment is next week). She has lost two teeth so far. She is smart and doing really well at school. Honestly, the social things are the toughest part for us. She cares so deeply about things and wears her heart on her sleeve, just like her momma. We've talked about getting her ears pierced but she hasn't actually asked to yet. So we'll cross that bridge when we get to it (I'm thinking for her 8th birthday, but we'll see). She LOVES nail polish and makeup, but only gets to wear makeup at home, obviously. She and her friends are obsessed with chapstick/lipgloss at school.

If you are curious as to what her responses were last year, click here to link to that post!

Here's to having an amazing year!

Six years ago today, Korri came home from the hospital. Here is her Big Brother welcoming her home with a kiss:

No comments: