Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, February 16

Potty in the potty

An update on Mac's potty training...it's going exceptionally well! Like, in the last three weeks, he's maybe had a handful of accidents, including #2 and during nap time! He only wore pull-ups for a couple days before he was ready for big boy unders. The biggest thing (and I think the main reason for his success) is that he can hold it...for a long time. We were driving home one day and he said, "I hava pee!" We were about 25 minutes from home (he did have a pull-up on since we were in the car). I told him to hold it if he could...and he did! That is a long time for ME to have to hold it; let alone a 2 year old.

I honestly can't believe it and still wonder if he's going to regress at any moment. After a little dribble during nap time yesterday, I asked him if he wanted a pull-up for nap today and he said loudly, "no, I wear big boy unders!!" And he's even figured out how to stand in front of the toilet to pee (he says he does it because Finn does!) and sit on the big toilet for #2 (we have little inserts so he doesn't fall in). And he'll go in a public bathroom like no bid deal. I mean, honestly!! So there you go. The flip has been switched. Or the switch has been flipped. Whatever, you get my point.

I guess at some point we'll have to tackle overnight but since he's still in a crib, I'm in no hurry (although Jim and I have started the conversation about transitioning to a big boy bed). He had actual tighty-whiteys on yesterday which were adorable but I didn't get a pic. Bummer. This will have to do:


No comments: