Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, February 15

Easy Eight

Finn and I went to his rescheduled 8 year well child doctor appointment this morning. I knew it would be pretty uneventful since he is exceptionally healthy (praise God, because I didn't always think that would be the case!) and I only had two "things" I wanted to talk about (although I forgot to mention the divot in his ear...some day we'll get it taken care of if I ask enough!).

His stats (and yes, he is still bigger than Korri, barely!!)

Height: 49" 25% (last year 46.5" 25%)
Weight: 62 lbs 69% (last year 54 lbs 68%)

Talk about consistent! I am always so happy and thankful when his height is at or above 25%, so I'll take it. Seriously, these were great numbers. The two things I mentioned were his teeth and his sleep.

I feel like he doesn't sleep enough (he goes to bed at 8pm, doesn't get to sleep until 8:30 or later most nights) and is ALWAYS wake at 6:50am when I go in to wake him up. I figured he probably gets about 10 good hours of sleep each night, which didn't seem like enough to me. BUT...they say he needs 9-12 hours each night! So, he's fine. And she said the fact that he's awake in the morning tells her his body is getting enough sleep. So, there you go.

Next his teeth. His mouth/jaw has always been asymmetrical and we've always been told "they" will deal with it when he's older. Well, he's started commenting on how his teeth look different and weird. So I mentioned it to her and so she took a look (even though I figured it would be something for the dentist). She said she thinks it actually looks really good and nothing tells her it will be more than just "normal" orthodontics!! Surgery has always been thrown around, so if it is just an issue of over crowding (preemies often have narrow, high curve mouths for some reason) and braces...bring it on! Such good news. I hope the dentist agrees at his check-up next month.

She mentioned seat belts and then asked if he was still in a booster. Yup! We laughed and said he'll probably be in one (because of his size) until he is 12! You have to be 57" or 4' 9" until your body is ready to sit without a booster. Poor guy.

Again, during his vision screening, his came back as 20/30 in one eye (I think his left). The cut off for correction is usually 20/40, so hopefully nothing but probably something to keep on the radar (but it was the 20/30 last year, too, which is good that it hasn't gotten worse). Hearing was great...so he CAN hear, even when he doesn't listen!! Oh, and at 8 they start checking for scoliosis and his spine looked great!

And we were outta there! I had him back to school by 9am, which is pretty good! Until next year!


1 comment:

Deann Thomas-Kvidera said...

this makes me so happy!!!!!