Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, February 21

Beautiful Four Eyes

Yesterday, Korri and I headed to St. Louis Park for her annual eye appointment at Park Nicollet. Okay, it was supposed to be in Dec but I forgot and they didn't send me a reminder, which I think is both irresponsible and unprofessional on their part. But I digress.

Since she only goes once a year now, every appointment includes dilating her eyes, which she doesn't like. I made the mistake of reminder her about it the night before. Oops! Hey, I like to prep my kids for what is coming but maybe leaving things unspoken works better some times.

Anyway, the kiddos didn't have school on Monday because of President's Day and by some miracle, they had an opening...at 8:20 AM! Argh! That means we had to get up the same time as a school day, but oh, well. The boys were able to stay home with daddy, which helped a lot (both in getting ready and at the appointment).

So we got there and since it was so early, we got right in. And she started freaking out! I was actually a little embarrassed (and somewhat caught off guard) because she is my trooper. Finn is the one who freaks at appointments, not Korri! She didn't want the eye drops in, which is a little ridiculous because they slightly sting at worst. We eventually did and then had to wait 30 minutes.

After that, she was fine. And here eyes are doing great. With her current glasses, she is seeing 20/20 in her left eye and slightly different in her right, but nothing to change her prescription. Yeah! She still has to wear her glasses all the time but her sight isn't changing much, which is super good.

And the best part is they don't want to see her again until next year! Sweet. Oh, and I'd better put a reminder on my calendar this time :) (which I just did!!! That, my friends, is personal accountability...or responsibility...I'm not sure...or both!)

The many glasses of Korri:

No comments: