Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, November 10

Muffins and donuts

This morning was the annual Muffins for Moms and Donuts for Dads at Finn and Korri's school. It started at the crack of 7:30, which actually wasn't THAT bad, since we left about the same time the bus normally picks the Bigs up (but Jim, Mac and I had to be ready, too!).

We got to school early because we don't have an actual parking lot at our elementary and it gets pretty crazy. Plus, the line goes down the hall and around the corner if you aren't there right away (lessons we've learned!).


After a breakfast of muffins, donuts, grapes and juice, we headed to their classrooms. Since this was Korri's first MFM/DFD event, we let her pick which parent she wanted with her and she picked me (and Mac got to come along with us!). We played with links and made a necklace with a color pattern and Mac found the trains (shocker!!).


Then as a class, we headed to the gym for an assembly by Critters and Company. I thought Mac would like it and we even sat in a spot so he could see everything going on, but I was wrong. There was too much talking and not enough animals for a two year old. I'm sure the message was good but I have no idea what it was. I eventually left early because I couldn't handle Mac. He normally isn't like that, so I decided it wasn't worth it. I felt bad about leaving with saying goodbye to the Bigs, but they were fine!

Other than that, it was a great morning. I love being in school with the kiddos and see what they do there. Next year should be easier for me because Mac will likely be in...PRESCHOOL! GASP! My babies are growing up too quickly.

No comments: