Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, November 12

Double cakes!

Finn and Korri were invited to a double birthday party for their mutual brother/sister friends, Martin (Finn's class) and Maria (Korri's grade and in her dance class). Mac, Reagan and I have gotten to know their mom, Katie and younger siblings this year and when it was their younger sister, Beatrice's birthday last month, I made her some butterfly cupcakes.

And I mentioned that I like to make cakes. So, when planning Martin and Maria's party, Katie asked if I wanted to do their birthday cakes. Yum, yes! I think the last cake I did was Mac's in July! So she gave me ideas on what they are interested in and I said I'd get some ideas to her. We decided on a pokeball for Martin and a Cinderella carriage for Maria.

I used my ball cake pan for both of them and they were actually fairly simple cakes. The hardest parts where 1. making a round cake smooth and 2. getting a long, black fondant ribbon around the pokeball, which Finn helped me with!

Anyway, it was a bowling party and both kiddos had a blast, even though Korri was a little nervous because she "didn't know how to bowl!" Ha, no worries once she got there.



And here are the cakes and the birthday kids.

 

I was told the cakes tasted great (chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream) and that the birthday kiddos loved them. A success and so much fun!

No comments: