Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, October 9

Tour of Gymnastics Champions

Jim and I got home from our anniversary sleepover and then Korri and I had a Mommy/Daughter date planned! We went to Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions at Target Center at 7pm Saturday night. It was originally scheduled for 5pm on Sunday but due to a scheduling conflict, they had to change it. Bummer it was so late, but to help, Korri fell asleep FIVE MINUTES before we parked the car.


We were early, so I let her sleep for a bit before waking her to go in, hoping that would help with the late hour. It was AMAZING!! I didn't really know what to expect, but our seats were AMAZING.


And she loved every second of it (as did I). Other than when they lifted the rings to the ceiling...with the men using them! I did NOT like that. Korri loved the trampoline routines, even though they were on the far side of the arena. The guy jumped so high it looked like he was going to hit the ceiling. Seriously.


Korri did great throughout the whole thing, except for the very end. She got tired, but didn't want to leave. So she snuggled on my lap instead (oh, bummer for me!). She actually stayed awake for a while on the way home, too, which surprised me, but she was probably a little over stimulated.

I don't like doing things like this without Jim. He is my safety net and "takes care" of everything. I don't have to worry about parking or driving or where to go once we get there or having cash on hand, etc. But our budget didn't allow for FIVE tickets and it just made sense that Jim would stay home with the boys. And you know what? I did great! It has been a while since I worked in downtown, but I parked across the street from the Target Center (even though it was more expensive) which made the in and out super easy. And it helped that our seats were right next to where you got through security. I'm such a big girl!

I loved having the time with just Korri. She is so sweet and inquisitive and I often don't take the time to appreciate her when the craziness of life is happening. Nor do I often slow down and give her the patience she needs from me/us. When we were walking back to the car, she asked if we could do it again! I will take any opportunity she will give me to spend with her. I kind of want to find a princess/tea place or party to go to. Hmmm...Any ideas?

No comments: