Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, October 26

School pics!

I always wait with bated breath for school pictures to come back. I mean, I know that unless there is something horribly wrong, the little things that make you cringe now will make you laugh/smile later. But still! I was spoiled for so long with such amazing photos of them when they were younger that I have a hard time letting it go.

Also, it doesn't help that the girl has glasses (photo strike 1), long hair (photo strike 2) AND tends to be squinty and squish up her face (photo strike 3)! Why she does this? I have no idea! I even have practiced with her in the mirror. Candids are great but posed pictures are rough.

But this year, I needn't have worried. They are both adorable. Yes, I feel like Korri's isn't perfect, but it IS the perfect Kindergarten picture. I think back to my sister Kristine's Kindergarten picture that my mom talks about and it is honestly the CUTEST picture ever, but apparently they had her leave her outdoor sweater on and didn't comb her hair or something. I kind of feel that way about Korri's, but she's so darn cute, it doesn't matter. It'll look adorable on the wall at her high school graduation :)

And Finn and I weren't sure what shirt he should wear this year. We decided on a solid, somewhat bright color and I think it really paid off! Especially with the blue background. I LOVE his buck teeth because that is who he is this year. Before too long, there will be a school picture with braces, I'm sure (cringe...both wallet and photo!!). Also, doesn't he look ridiculously old all of a sudden? When did that happen?!?!

For your viewing pleasure:
Finn=Second grade (7 1/2yo) and Korri=Kindergaren (5 1/2yo).

Note to future self: don't braid Korri's hair the night before and think it will be photo ready the next day! #momfail

No comments: