Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, October 10

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies

Because there just isn't enough pumpkin spice stuff around this time of year. LOL!

Skol Vikings! Is anybody else loving the NFL season so far as much as I am? I am cautiously optimistic but it is so FUN watching the Vikings play. Here's to continued success. Mac cuddling with me while watching the Vikings:


When Korri had her girls weekend at Grandma's, she made and brought home Halloween sugar cookies; something she and my mom make almost every time she is there. Which I'm very thankful for because I HATE making sugar cookies! They are so putsy, take FOREVER and honestly, taste like butter and sugar to me (yuck!).


Well, those cookies didn't last very long because I'm apparently the only one who has an aversion to sugar and butter. But it started me thinking about making pumpkin sugar cookies! Now that could be good and fun to make pumpkin flavored cookies in pumpkin shape! So I found a recipe online and got the ingredients. To be perfectly honest, I wanted to use some of my ginormous bottle of Pumpkin Spice I got from Costco! LOL


After the game, Korri helped me make the cookies, Korri and Finn cut them out and all the kiddos deocorated. It was putsy and did take forever but they tasted great! We started out decorating with a knife but then I had the brilliant idea of using Ziploc bags as piping bags! So much more fun for the kiddos. I was very clear when we started about Finn and Korri not fighting or all of the cookies would go in the garbage...and they did great! Well, except at the very end, but by that point, we'd been doing it for hours. I was very proud of their behavior and sharing.


I would say that I'd even make them again! Gasp, I know! Maybe next time I'll do a peppermint flavored sugar cookie and do Christmas cookies (because we all know it isn't going to be any time soon!). Now, we have two tubs of Halloween pumpkin cookies. Anybody want some? Come on over!


No comments: