Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, October 8

Nine years down...

...forever to go! Jim and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on Thursday. It doesn't seem that long, especially when we are blessed to know so many people who've been married much longer than we have (our high school friends will celebrate their TWENTIETH this summer!). But it IS an accomplishment. It is working hard every single day and choosing to do it again the next day. It is appreciating married love (lifetime) more than wedding love (one day, albeit one amazing day!). It is being smart enough to truly marry your best friend. It's lucky enough to still feel like you'd do it all again and CHOOSE to marry him all over again. The bumps in the road are hard but they also are lessons learned and make great memories.

That being said, I kissed Jim in the morning and wished him a happy anniversary and whispered, "I'm glad we aren't getting married today!" Ha, a wedding is so much fun, but so much work!

Jim took Thurs off, so we decided to run some errands. I think Mac loved having both of our attention all day. Then we got home and I took Korri to dance. So romantic, I know! But I wouldn't have it any other way. Plus, Jim made me crab legs (my fav!) for dinner AND cracked them for me (one of the many reasons I married him!!).


Friday, Jim's mom came after school to watch the kiddos so we could go to Minneapolis to a hotel and out to dinner! It was so much fun just spending time together with no cares in the world. We stayed at the Westin in downtown, which is a beautiful hotel, in a suite, which was also amazing. Then we had dinner at Murray's, which is where we celebrated our first anniversary as well! See, it all comes full circle.


Possibly the best part for me? I slept in and stayed in bed until ELEVEN o'clock! Seriously. The best.

No comments: