Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, September 7

Kindergarten Queen

Yesterday was the first day of school: Korri in Kindergarten (Ms. Ready) and Finn in Second Grade (Mrs. B). Thank you for joining us, NeNe! I know I'll say this every year, but where does the time go?

 

I had emotional moments leading up to yesterday morning, but when the time came, it was all business and getting things done. So, no tears from this momma. But I also had a tough time during the day when I stopped to think about her day. I just wish I could sit in a corner and observe and just BE there for her. Does she need me to do that? Absolutely NOT...but she's my Baby Grill and always will be.

Korri got to pick out a new outfit for the first day. She probably didn't NEED to, but we found the cutest little dress at Walmart on clearance and she felt special. Her new tennis shoes didn't come on time and her old ones hurt her toes, so we compromised and she worn her boots and brought her shoes for gym (she told me when she got home that she didn't have to put her shoes on...hmmm...). I was going to make Finn wear something "nice" but then I figured to just let him wear what he wants. I'll get my say on Picture Day :)


Korri said she made a new friend. She doesn't know her name, but she had Minion shoes on! Minion asked Korri about her scabs from her scooter fall a few weeks ago. Hey, friendships have started over weirder things, right? I told Korri to ask her name today :)


Both kids said they wanted to go back today. Korri had a little "Mad Lib" to fill out about her first day and she had all good things to say about it! I felt TERRIBLE when I realized Finn and I forgot to find his locker at Open House! I mean, isn't that part of the reason for going?!?! He said he found it pretty quick. I mean, duh, not hard, they are all in a row, but I felt bad. Note to future self: don't forget about lockers at Open House!!!

 

To celebrate, we went to Unhinged Pizza for dinner last night (it is like Pizza Ranch for those of you who aren't familiar). It is probably our family's favorite place to go as a family and we haven't been ALL SUMMER! Plus, it was a fun way to end the day.


I realized yesterday that in three years, Mac will be in Kindergarten (gasp!), Korri will be in Third and Finn will be in Fifth...Middle School (faint!). I may need medication to get through that day! My babies aren't babies any more :(

Here's to the second day going as well as the first.

(Mac was still sleeping!)

No comments: