Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, September 10

2 for 1

A while back, I found out that there was going to be a University of St. Thomas night at the Twins game on a Friday night. We hadn't been to a Twins game all year and I thought it would be fun to go as a family and to kind of celebrate the first week of school (and the fact they are both LOVING it so far!!).

Then, Jim's season tickets played out so he had them for this weekend's game...so we decided to make an adventure of it! Jim bought two more tickets for the Gopher game (he "only" has three season tickets) and found an amazing deal on a hotel right by TCF Stadium! Perfect. I packed stuff for everybody during the day and we headed out when the Bigs got home from school.

The kids were excited and in good spirits (never a guarantee). We had no difficulty getting to the hotel and checked in. We settled in and then headed over to the game. One big part of the adventure? We rode the train (Light Rail) over to Target Field, which Mac thought was amazing. If you ask him now what a train says, he'll say, "Ding, ding" instead of "Choo, choo!" It worked perfectly and the ride was a first for me as well (I know, how have I NOT ridden on it before now?!?!).

 

The kids were stellar at the game, something I don't always get to say, especially at an event that goes WAY past all of their bedtimes and Mac's nap was less than 30 minutes! We left after the 6th inning and still didn't get back to the hotel until 10 pm! There was a very touching tribute to Jacob Wetterling and all the players from both teams wore #11 patch in his honor. I asked Jim when the feelings are going to stop feeling so raw?!?! I'm so glad that THIS was the one game we went to so we could witness and experience the tribute.

 

Mac loved using Korri's glove and saying, "Throw me ball" at the players. They didn't, which was probably best, but so cute! Maybe time for him to have his own glove!

I'm sure it was all the junk he ate at the game and being over tired, but Mac didn't sleep well and was up at 6 am this morning. Excited for the hut-ball (football!) game, I guess. But it made for one tired momma and other kiddos. The Gopher game was so much fun! Such a different "vibe" than the Twins game. It probably helped that they played well and won :)

 

The kiddos weren't nearly as well behaved as they were for the Twins game, but I guess that is to be expected when they are tired. All I know is having three kiddos at a game is far more exhausting then when it is just Jim and me ;)

Great family time together and memories made. I LOVE doing stuff like this together. I mean, I took over 150 pictures over the last 24 hours, so I guess that says it all. Some of those can be found at: https://goo.gl/photos/JckrbVFZeFVWV8QV6

No comments: