Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, August 30

She's ready, am I?


Last night, Korri had Kindergarten Open House! I'm so glad they do Kindergarten on a different day than the rest of the elementary (it was chaotic enough as it was!). As we were leaving, I said to a mom (who also has a daughter in Finn's grade), how glad I was that Korri was my second or I'd be totally overwhelmed! It is a LOT of information.


But it was fun to spend the time with just Korri. NeNe graciously came over to watch the boys so we didn't have to drag them along. We dropped supplies off, paid lots of fees (I feel like I bleed checks this time of year!), met her classmates (she knew several kids...maybe 5 or 6?...from preschool, even if her best friend Neve has a different teacher), had an introductory meeting with her teacher, Ms. Ready, read some books and got to know the classroom and received and filled out a mountain of paperwork! Seriously, so much paper!

Coloring with her friend Allison while the teacher talked with the parents.
I think Korri was a little overwhelmed as we were getting ready to leave, as she was quieter than normal but she said she was excited, too. I think she just wants the first day of school to be here already! Seven days, for those of you keeping track at home :)

Korri with her best friend from preschool, Neve.
I'm doing okay. I mean, she has been going to this school for preschool and riding the bus for two years already. But Kindergarten is different. It is every day, all day. It is LEARNING like she's never learned before. It is having a strict schedule and following LOTS of rules. It is making new friends. She is my Baby "Grill." I know with all of my heart that she is ready and she will not only do fine but excel. I'm ready for her to go, but I'm still a little sad. Once they go to school, they are never truly just yours again. No morning snuggles in my bed, Candy Land games before lunch, play dates with friends, colors and crafts all over the kitchen table EVERY SINGLE DAY! We'll just have to squeeze that stuff in on the weekends. I guess I'm just a little surprised at the emotions I'm feeling. We'll be fine. Just different. Maybe appreciate each other a little more :)


Tonight, we have Finn's Open House and then we are ready for the 2016-17 school year!!

No comments: