Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, August 20

I did it!

As you know, the kiddos were gone this past week at Memere's house (bless her heart!!!). I SO needed this time to recharge and get some stuff done around the house and do some things for just ME! Oh, and spending time with Jim without kiddos is pretty special, too :)

I had 9, yes NINE!, things on my list to accomplish this week. I did everything except get my nails done (tear!) and one photo project involving the kiddos. Not bad, especially considering how much longer than planned Korri's sleeping bag took!

Well, I had one final project that I REALLY wanted to do before they got home yesterday. I've been thinking about it and getting it ready for about a year and a half. Yes, these things take time. Here it is (no before picture, sorry!):


The wall at our stairs landing was fairly bare and I didn't have a spot to display pictures of my nieces and nephews, so I thought this would be perfect. But it was involved getting everything ready. I wanted unique frames for everybody, I had to figure out the layout, considering we aren't done getting nieces and nephews and then I had to have the time to DO IT! Which I did yesterday in about two hours, right before the kiddos got home.



I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It fills the wall so well and shows how important these kiddos are to us. And there is still room for future nieces and nephews. It also freed up space on the ledge under it, so I could space out those photos a little bit. I obviously need to get updated pictures for most of them, but I'm impressed I have pics for each one (except Katie, but she's only 4 months old!) and I could find each frame today when I was looking for them. Also, I'm so excited to have a spot to put said pictures when we get them instead of putting them somewhere "I'll remember" but then never do!

Hey, it's the little things in life that make it fun and rewarding. Now Jim wants to do a "godchildren" wall, so that might be my next project! Or the one of the kids I mentioned about. So much to do, no time to do it when you're a stay-at-home mom and your munchkins keep you busy!!

No comments: