Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, August 19

Frozen, Tinkerbell and Disney Princesses

Oh, my!

A while ago, I ordered Korri a sleeping bag online. It was Sophia and came with a pillow and I was super excited to get it. Until it arrived. It was that slippery fabric that isn't warm or cuddly and the pillow was more of a "puff" than a pillow! Korri liked it but didn't like to sleep in it for the above mentioned reasons.

Well, two years ago I made my nephew, Zander, a sleeping bag for his birthday and she immediately knew she needed one too. I learned a few tricks while making his and I figured that if I could make one, I could make two. So we went shopping for fabric and this is what she picked:

In true Korri fashion: Frozen, Tinkerbell and Disney princesses! Great. Let's do it.

Well, I made Zander's a week or so before Mac was born. You know what? It is nearly impossible to sew when you have anybody under the age of three in your house. Lesson learned! SO...I knew this was one project I wanted to do while the kids were at Memere's this week: make Korri's freaking sleeping bag!

And in true Stacy fashion, nothing goes according to plan. I seriously thought I'd have this sucker done in less than two days. I mean, I even had to YouTube how to wind my bobbin!! Well, today, day five, after at least FOUR trips to Walmart or Joann's, I finally FINISHED it! It isn't perfect and I learned even more lessons with this one but it is done and I can't wait to give it to her! I even added the straps and pillow by myself without any directions (thanks, Miss. Kluver and 7th grade Home Ec!). I think/hope she is going to LOVE it. Here are some final pics:



And while I thought the patterns and colors were going to be too much, it somehow works...for a five year old girl, anyway! Now I want to make a little smaller version for Mac. Ha...he'll probably get his when he's five, too! Unless any takers on having my three beautiful children for five days before then?!?! LOL

Now to do one more project before they come back...in THREE HOURS! Better get to it. Pictures on that later, if I actually get it done!!

No comments: