Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, July 17

Mac's Paw-ty!

The last two years haven't always been easy but it has always been rewarding. Mac is such a huge blessing to our family. He literally has the best laugh I've ever heard. He is FUNNY (just ask him!). Those eyes...need I say more? He lets us know exactly what he wants ALL THE TIME! He is as loving and cuddly as a giant teddy bear.

We had his puppy themed party yesterday, Saturday, which contrary to the weather reports, was beautiful. We set up three pools in the back yard, including a big water slide pool, that kept the kiddos busy pretty much all day. I think Mac swam for over 3 hours total! He was in hog heaven. I went a little crazy (like usual!) on the theme, but it is fun for me to do and Mac LOVED all the puppy stuff.

His puppy birthday shirt. His siblings each got a puppy shirt, too, which they didn't wear much because they were swimming. Duh!

His puppy cake. Let's just say the homemade fondant I made did NOT work, so after tears and an emergency trip to Walmart on Friday, the rest of the cake was...well...a piece of cake! This is the first cake I've done without doing any buttercream decorating. Also, I LOVE this cake. Not because I made it but it is so sweet and Mac was over the moon for it. He did NOT think he should have to wait for his party to eat some, but he did!

The puppy themed food. We did a build-your-own hot DOG bar, which was a big hit from what I heard. I went a little overboard with the puppy food: scooby snacks, leashes (Twizzlers), pup-corn (kettle corn), puppy chow (obviously! And a huge thank you to mom/Kathy for making it!), pup-tato chips with dips, etc. So fun!



The decorations. No cats allowed sign on the front door. The Bigs drew paw prints up the front sidewalk. Puppy streamers and puppy face balloons. And more. Again, so much fun (for me, at least).



The back yard. I got a great deal at Kohl's on this water slide pool. It was a HUGE hit. But no homemade giant slip-n-slide this year. We also had the kiddie pool set up with Mac's new climber slide (his present from us) for the Littles. And we had the fountain pool set up but I didn't get a picture of that.


And finally singing to the birthday boy and cake. After blowing out his candle, he promptly pulled off the paw and took a huge bite of straight fondant! He loved it. The cake was White Velvet cake with almond buttercream. I'm not sold on the cake. I might just stick to white cake. We'll see.

A HUGE thank you to everybody who came to help celebrate this amazing little boy. Even though he (and we!) continues to call himself "Baby," he is not a baby any longer. He is definitely a little boy. He is ALL boy. He never stops talking. Listens to way more than you think he does. And doesn't stop going. Ever. I know the "terrible twos" are coming, well, they've probably already started, and I know he's going to put us through the ringer when they do, but bring it on. I now know that two is so much better than three, so I just need to keep reminding myself of that!

Here's hoping this puppy party curbed his appetite for an actual puppy. Probably not, but maybe!!

No comments: