Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, June 5

She Lost Another

Korri lost her second tooth (her bottom right). I said it was lose, but it came out after two days, not a week! I think she was working on it. Not a tear. No fuss. Nothing. So brave.


I didn't think she could get any stinkin' cuter, but then...BAM! She is. Anyway, here is the letter she wrote to her tooth fairy last night (remember, she postponed a letter the first night because it was too late to write one!) and her tooth fairy's response:
 

Translation:
Dear Tooth Fairy
I lost my first
tooth! I didn't even
cry.
Can you please give
me some chocolate
coins and some regular
money too? I
have another loose tooth.
Heart,
Korri
So her tooth fairy's name is Bramble Windsprite and while she wasn't sure at first, we now think it is a boy (and here I tried so hard to find a "boy" name!). Anyway, Bramble gave her a sack full of chocolate coins and a dollar in quarters, because your first tooth is special. After using more patience than I thought the world collectively could possess, I helped her write her second letter (i.e. if your child hasn't lost a tooth yet, pray that they lose it in Kindergarten so they know how to at least write the alphabet!!!). I also learned a small lesson from the previous night and used lined paper this time!
 

Translation:
Dear Bramble
I lost my second
tooth. I have a big
space in my mouth
now. Can I have
more chocolate and
money please? Thank
you for the stuff
last night, Bramble.
Heart,
Korri
Hmmm...so Finn's tooth fairy and Korri's tooth fairy know each other. Interesting! Bramble left two chocolate coins and two quarters this time (second tooth, two coins...get it?).

So, there you have it. I think we are in the clear for a while with Korri's teeth. There are no lose ones that I know about right now. However, Mr. Finnegan has a loose one on top and now that he knows Feather Willowweb is keeping track of it, he's been working on getting it looser. Argh! Well, they all have to come out at some point, I guess.

In the words of Bramble Windsprite, until next time...

No comments: