Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, June 2

Lose a Tooth Like a Girl

I guess Korri didn't like the last couple posts not being solely about her so...she lost her first tooth tonight! And of course mommy was gone. I have mixed feelings about that: 1. glad I didn't have to pull it. 2. sad I missed a milestone in her life. I'll get over it.

Korri's bottom left tooth has been loose for a while. But I feel like she is so young, that I didn't really think it would come out now. I feel like you don't lose teeth until Kindergarten. Last night, we had corn on the cob and I "made" her eat it with her front teeth. I guess that must have nudged it along. Tonight, Jim said she came upstairs and said she thought her tooth was going to fall out and that she'd been wiggling it the whole time she was watching a movie (Sound of Music, for the record!).

So, they worked together to see how lose it was and get a game plan. She was nervous and shed a couple tears, most likely out of the fear of the unknown more than pain and being scared. She asked to move to the bathroom, which they did, and then after Korri had moved it as far back and forward as she could, Jim reached in with a Kleenex and popped it right out. He said it was barely on by a thread.

Done. No fuss. No muss. She thought the blood was funny (of course!). Jim told her she pulled her tooth "like a girl" (that means tough in our house!). She called me right away and told me. I kind of freaked out but was so excited for her. She is five years and four months old. I looked back and Finn was six years and one month old. That is probably why I think it is so early. But they say second children do things sooner! I guess so.

Anyway, she told Jim she is pretty sure her tooth fairy is a boy (we hadn't decided if a tooth fairy was assigned to the whole family or to each individual but I guess that solves that...Finn's is Feather Willowweb, and a girl!). She also decided that the tooth fairy wouldn't come unless you put your tooth under your pillow and she wanted to wait until tomorrow night, so she could write her tooth fairy a proper letter. So there you have it. Whose going to argue with her?


Her bottom right tooth is also super loose. Probably will have the second one out within the week. When it rains, it pours!

No comments: