Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, June 3

Last day as a Firstie

Today was Finn's last day of First Grade. This year seemed to go so much faster than Kindergarten, but I bet parents say that every year. At this rate, his Senior year will feel like a week...okay, maybe not! (First day of First Grade on the right, last day on the left)


Apparently, Finn had an emotional time at the end of the day today, which surprises me, so much so that his friends told me about it AND his teacher emailed me. While he is emotional at home, I feel like he keeps it together in public. I think it is really hard for him to say goodbye to his teacher, Ms. Thorsen. She is the only teacher he's ever had. Plus, I don't blame him...I'm emotional when I think about it. Second grade is going to be VERY different for him (well, me, too!)...new teacher, new classmates, new classroom (he looped from Kindergarten, so he had the same teacher and classmates, which I LOVED!).

Just like last year, Finn had friends over for the last day of school. I mean, how boring would it be to go home like any other day?!?! This year Nolan, Landon, Ben and Gabe came home with Finn on the bus. I think part of the emotions for Finn (and me!) is not knowing if/how these boys will be split up next year. Finn is so lucky to have such great friends at such a young age. I truly hope they are life-long friendships


My favorite part of the afternoon? Finding out the bus driver gave them all cans of MOUNTAIN DEW on the way home!!! Gee, thanks for that. Also, it was raining, nay, pouring all day. At the end of the evening, the sun peeked out! What a nice little surprise.

I'm honestly really sad to see First Grade go. It was tough. There were moments I didn't know if Finn and/or I would make it between reading and spelling and homework. But we did. We got into a groove. I LOVE his teacher and am not sure how to interact with a new teacher next year. Ms. Thorsen "got" me and didn't make me feel bad for my questions and lack of planning (or so I thought...she insisted I was way more on the ball than I thought I was!). Also, she loved chocolate, so giving her gifts throughout the year was SUPER easy. She honestly loved this group of kids. It was an amazing group of kids; smart, caring, funny, well behaved, silly, compassionate. I only hope to find this incredible mix again in another class. Anyway, we're moving onward and upward. Is Second Grade ready for Finn?

No comments: