Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, May 3

To go or not to go? That is the question.

It's been a while. I guess that's what happens when life is happening!

Anyway, I didn't post this the first time because it was a fluke. The second time, I starting thinking it could be a "thing" but didn't dare hope. Now after tonight being the third night, I have to admit it might be real...

Mac has gone poop or potty in the potty chair THREE days in a row! By his own request and insistence. Only for daddy...of course!

My mind tells me not to get excited. Not to think that this child will be easy. That he is WAY too young. Boys potty train WAY later than girls. But here is he, demanding to sit on the potty chair. Insisting, really.

Mac has been "asking" to go potty on the potty chair for a while, but it is usually when I'm going and I just give him toilet paper and he loves to "wipe" and throw it in the toilet. Easy, right? Well, a couple weeks ago, he stopped asking and is now DEMANDING to go on the potty chair. But I'm lazy and KNOW that boys don't train this early and REFUSED to encourage it. I mean, who has time to sit with him ten times a day for half an hour each time? Not this momma, that's for sure.

Then on Sunday, I had a church meeting that started at 6pm and at 6:20pm I received this text from Jim: "Baby went poop on the potty chair." One minute later I received this text: "And pee now too." Of course I'm freaking out in this meeting, knowing he'd be in bed by the time I got home and wanting so desperately to share in this moment with them. But it was a fluke, so it doesn't matter.

Then last night, Mac was super (I mean SUPER!) crabby after dinner, so Jim had enough and said it was bedtime and brought him upstairs. Well, the next thing I know, Jim hollers, "Baby just went potty, again!!!!" I ran upstairs and of course (me being ME!), took a picture...of them dumping it out!


I didn't even know he was TRYING to go!

So this morning, he ALWAYS has a poopy diaper when I get him up and he didn't! So I thought, now it's my turn! We sat on the potty chair for what felt like FOREVER and nothing. So I praised him for trying and got him dressed. Then we went to Costco and after we got back, he'd pooped a little in his diaper and DEMANDED to go potty. Okay, this time for sure. At this point in the day, he's well under his normal output. Nope, nothing. I mean, how many books can I read, cars can he push and block towers can he build while sitting on the potty?!?! Honestly? Nothing. Praise for trying, but I'm done. Daddy is clearly lying at this point, right?!?!

 

I mean, I even got Korri's potty chair out for Reagan, so she could go "potty" with Mac. Nope, nothing.

Korri and I leave to go to gymnastics tonight and I get this text at 5:56pm from Jim, "Mac went pee again." My response? "I guess you're in charge of potty training." Seriously!! I know it is far from "done" but it IS a start and it is about a year sooner than I thought it would be. While my fingers are crossed that he figures it out and "this is it" my head knows it probably isn't. But it COULD be! Regardless, he amazes us all the time, every day. He is so much fun to be around and have around. I just hope he amazes us in this category, too...since potty training is my second least favorite parenting job.

After teeth. I don't do teeth!!

No comments: