Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, May 29

Sunday Funday

We had an amazing time at Auntie Becca's today, even if Austin wasn't there :( My whole family was there (minus Austin, obviously, Alex, Jordan and Grace) and some of Pete's family. The kids played so well together and I'm pretty sure they each put about 10 miles on the bikes they were each riding! Needless to say, my kiddos were OUT before we got to the freeway.

As always, Auntie NaeNae graciously agreed to cut hair. It had been 6 weeks since my boys' cuts and while I tried to trim around the ears (with my KITCHEN scissors!!!), the hair over the ears was driving me nuts!

I was not looking forward to Mac's turn because he was TIRED! He'd been running around all afternoon and it was now early evening and he hadn't eaten much for dinner (although, let's be honest, with his snacking, he probably wasn't TOO hungry, but I didn't know for sure!). AND...we decided (auntie and I) that this would be his first "big boy" hair cut, which means with the clippers! Korri remembered from last time that he liked when we scrape the comb over the cape and sing songs. So we did that. He was a CHAMP! We told him auntie was going to tickle his hair with clippers and he thought that was hilarious. My baby doesn't look like a baby any more!!!

What a difference! Now he looks even MORE like his big brother. Thank you, auntie, for taking time out of your holiday weekend to make my boys handsome. We really appreciate it!!

Finn opted for a faux hawk, which is a good look on him (slightly military when not styled and SHORT, especially around the ears!).

When we got there, Korri told Auntie that she was NEVER going to cut her hair again. Well, when everybody else was getting cuts, she started to change her mind, but I told her that yes, she could cut her hair but no, not tonight! Because I knew she really didn't want to and just wanted to partake in all the fun. Her hair lives another day.

No comments: