Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, May 28

Schools out forever

Yup, Korri again! In the words of Alice Cooper, "School's out for summer. School's out forever." Korri's last day of preschool was yesterday. Forever. No more preschool. She is now officially a Kindergartner. Same as last year, they have the parents come for the last hour of school for snacks and some songs. Mac came with (how do SAHMs do things without the Little?) because both parents were supposed to come. I asked for permission ahead of time AND he wasn't the only sibling there (thankfully). He was hilarious and Mrs. Pam said she can't wait to have him in her class...which is NEXT fall (2017)!!!! Crazy.

Anyway, I digress. Here is the side-by-side of first and last day of Pre-K. She chose to wear the same dress as last night for graduation. I figured who cares?!?! She looks cute. I wish the one she wore on the first day still fit her. I LOVE that dress.

She's grown up, for sure. Mac was an unwilling participant in the pictures.

It wouldn't be Korri without a ballet pose!

She got her hair did; she picked a french braid.

It was raining and cool, so she grabbed a sweatshirt at the last minute (okay, maybe only mommy was cold, but it made me feel better!).

I told her after the bus came, the next time she got on a bus, she would be going to Kindergarten (because we brought her home with us from school).

And Korri with her teachers; Mrs. Pam, Miss Alycia, and Miss Stephanie.



And Korri with her best friend, Neve. These two are connected at the hip!

It was a good day. I really can't believe she is off to Kindergarten in the fall. Thankfully I have the summer to let it sink in. Also, thankfully, we are super busy with activities this summer, so I don't HAVE to think about it too  much!!

Both last year and this year, Mrs. Pam read the book "I Knew You Could!" where the Little Engine That Could goes from "I think I can" to "I knew I could." It basically says that no matter what you come up across in life, anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I LOVE this book. I didn't cry this year when listening to it...probably because Mac LOVED it and was giving play-by-play during it...which was adorable, too.

Kid, you'll move mountains!

No comments: